Katelyn was so excited to be a big third grader this year. I still can’t believe we are to third grade already. When I asked her what she was looking forward to, she said to see her friends and science and that she wasn’t nervous about anything. On the other hand, I was nervous about what Brooke, Emily and I would do without her all day.
She was also super excited about using her letter “K” backpack and matching lunch box that grandma Carol gave her for her birthday.
When it was time, we had a fun walk to school with old and new friends and little sisters that were excited and sad all at the same time. Watching Brooke skip along holding Katelyn’s hand melted my heart completely.
Katelyn was thrilled to see her buddies – she and Sara didn’t get the same teacher but enjoy going to and from school together everyday. Katelyn did however end up in the same class as “the boys” again which made us all very happy. She has been in class with Ben and Bradley since Kindergarten and it makes me happy for so many reasons – they are such good friends to each other and I love that my little peanut has her own set of bodyguards. For those of you who are wondering, Ben (right) is now taller than me. Sweet.
We had a lot of fun walking up to the school and Emily loved the stroller ride. I always love how packed the playground is with families – we live in such a great community.
![]()
Before we knew it, the bell rang and the kids lined up to mark the beginning of a new school year.
They headed into their class to get settled and because Katelyn is the nicest big sister ever, she invited us along. You can see from the photo how sad the whole thing made Brooke – she would give anything to stay there with Katelyn.
Even though Brooke was sad and I had to wear my sunglasses to safely conceal my emotions, I love that this was the look on Katelyn’s beautiful face as we waved and slid out the door. She is an amazingly amazing kid and I couldn’t be more proud of her.
I also love that when the school day was over and were there to great Katelyn, that this is how she approached us. She loves school and she loves us. It makes me so happy.
It was so fun to hear all about her great day and to see her with her buddies. We are definitely in for another great year.
1 comment:
Ok... seriously tell me you didn't just say THIRD GRADE!!!! Uh, when did that happen. We are NOT getting old! :)
Post a Comment