Katelyn loves to write and is always bringing home cute things that she has done for me at school. One particular day in September, had been particularly rough and when Katelyn walked through the door after school, she handed me these three papers. They were things she had done during her free time.
The first one is a riddle that she came up with:
It made me smile – I LOVE that she is doing things like that with her free time at school. But it got even better…
The second paper contained a poem about me. She used each letter of my name to guide her writing. It definitely changed my rotten day – what a sweet and thoughtful girl she is and I was relieved that those are the words she used to describe me.
The last one was my favorite though. It was a combination riddle/poem about me.
The words made me laugh, cry and smile all at the same time. She really is my buddy. I also absolutely LOVED the illustration. She not only drew us together gardening (which is something we love to do together), but she also accurately depicted Brooke. Brooke is in a “I’m being left out/forgotten” mode right now and no matter what we are talking about, Brooke will say “What about me?” So to make me smile, Katelyn added a little Brookie speech bubble reminding us not to forget about her. I may forget their names every once in awhile, but I couldn’t forget my girls for anything. I love them so much and hope Katelyn will look back on this post some day and realize what an amazingly special daughter she always has been and will be. I love you Kate!
3 comments:
WOW! You are doing something right my dear friend. Love and miss you.
Oh my gosh! This is what you call a pay day in the land of mommyhood. You deserve it!
That is AWESOME. every once in a while we get pats on the back, right??
Post a Comment