Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Day Emily Turned Six Months Old

Emily at 6 months Oct 2010aEmily at 6 months Oct 2010b

On September 28th, Emily turned six months old, weighing 16 lbs. 2 oz.  and measuring 25 inches long.

Emily loves loves loves to be held (and demands it most of the time) but will not lay her head on your shoulder for anything.  She has already figured out that if she sleeps, she misses out on all of the sisterly fun that goes on at our house. 

Emily at 6 months Oct 2010cEmily at 6 months Oct 2010d

She still loves being in the Baby Bjorn and I can do just about anything for any amount of time with her happily riding along in it… I wish my back enjoyed it as much as she does.

Emily at 6 months Oct 2010eEmily at 6 months Oct 2010f

She is great at sitting up and likes being able to play right alongside Katelyn and Brooke looking like a big girl.

Emily at 6 months 9-28-10bEmily at 6 months 9-28-10c

Emily is so happy and very smiley.  The downside is that it takes an inordinate amount of time to go to a store with her.  She loves to smile and “talk” to all of the nice people that want to visit with her and pinch her cheeks.  I can’t blame them though.

Emily loves cheetos 9-5-10aShe is still a fantastic eater and loves her rice cereal, fruit and veggies.  Her current “fun food” favorites this month have included Cheetos, mashed potatoes, Ritz crackers, snow cones, and marshmallows.

 

Emily thoroughly enjoys her mesh feeder and has used it to gum many fruits to death.  When I give her a pear in it, she does such a good job “eating” it that I almost don’t need to clean it out when she is done.  Almost.

Emily's fruit feeder 9-25-10aEmily's fruit feeder 9-25-10b

She loves to laugh and giggle at sisters.  They provide a fantastic source of entertainment and they are crazy about her.  It is a win-win.  She continues to bring so much joy into our home and we are so glad she is here.

Emily 9-10-10Emily 9-18-10Emily 9-24-10Emily 9-27-10

2 comments:

Rani said...

OMG, look at the cute happy baby. It looks like all she does is smile and smile! I love her! I love the girl's sunflowers too! How fun!

The Sadler Crew said...

I want to squeeze her! Love ya.