I love going in to kiss the girls goodnight right before I go to bed. There is something about sleeping children that is irresistible.
Maybe it is the fact that they are motionless and silent... but regardless, I love it. Well, when I went in to see Katelyn, this is what I found... I wasn't too surprised at first because both girls have always loved to sleep with lots and lots of stuffed animals. There usually isn't room for Katelyn in her bed because of all "the guys" that she has in there with her. When we first moved to Spokane and Katelyn got her "big girl" bed she
would surround herself with Ernie. Since then, there is usually only one Ernie in bed, but lots of other animals. As you can see in the pictures, Bear is always there too. I was given that bear by my "big sis" in my college sorority. I never would have guessed that a stuffed bear would become Bear and be a permanent member of the Hansen family. Anyway, when I found Katelyn, I really wasn't surprised that she had wrapped up one of "the guys" and had him/her on her stomach, but then I unwrapped the animal and this is what I found... it was
Huckleberry (her Build-A-Bear Hippo) stuffed under her shirt. She's been pretending Huckleberry is her baby, so this was apparently the prequel to that story. The picture really doesn't do it justice, but it was hilarious. In fact it was funny enough that I went and got Kyle out of bed and that is not something I would normally do. I laughed so hard that it woke her up and made her really mad... mad enough that she preformed her own c-section and plucked Huckleberry out from under her shirt. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The Day We Weren't "Expecting..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is so dang CUTE!! I love kids imaginations! My kids love shoving any stuffed animal they can up their shirts to imitate the way I looked while I was pregnant with Josh. What a darling girl Katelyn is!!!
I found Eden "expecting" one night too. She had a care bear. So funny!
Oh, how I wish expecting were as comfy as a stuffed animal under your shirt.
I am SO glad to not be pregnant any more.
I love the picture of Katelyn surrounded by Ernies. Ernie is one of my favorites too.
uh. Boys don't do that stuff. Maybe try and behead the hippo?
Okay that is just HILARIOUS! The things they come up with :)
I love see the pictures of Katelyn sleeping. It made my day, I was laughing. Thank you. I have to say Tylor love to sleep with lot of aminals around him too.
Oh my little precious, she is so stinkin' cute! Too funny!
That is the cutest picture ever!!!
I love it!!!
Post a Comment