For our last day at Glacier the girls again pleaded their case to stay and play at the cabin all morning and do some exploring outside. Before we left, Katelyn and Kyle found these tracks right by the cabin... were they dog or cougar tracks? Katelyn voted that it was a cougar (it was
most likely a Cocker Spaniel though) but we let her dream. So we packed up and headed out for a few more hours of exploration.
We saw more beautiful glacier sites and found some great waterfalls and rivers along the way.
Kyle took us on a nice hike and found another great picnic spot. Then he went across the swift river to pick some fresh blueberries - but I was too afraid to eat them, because what if they weren't blueberries but instead berries that were blue and wild and poisonous? Anyway, when he tried to come back it was a bit trickier than his initial journey across the river so we were afraid he wasn't going to make it back. Fortunately, he had a giant walking stick and used it to help him balance across a fallen tree back to our picnic spot.
After lunch we did some more hiking and found some more beautiful photo spots.
All of the hiking seemed to really wear Brooke out but she was able to take a little nap before we made it to another great waterfall. We had so much fun and are so glad Gram and Pop were able to go with us.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
The Day We Left Glacier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Brookie suddenly looks so old. No more growing up with out me.
What a blast! So, I am out of touch. When did you go to Glacier? I've never been there before, but your pictures have sure inspired me! I'm glad you had so much fun. You guys deserve it!
Totally gorgeous! A little bit better waterfalls than Moss Ledge, huh? Although I do miss all the fun excursions there. I miss you too!
Post a Comment