As I've mentioned before, I absolutely love birthdays. Especially birthdays of the people in my life that I love so much. When we were in Boise this summer, they threw a belated birthday party for Katelyn and she absolutely loved it!
Grandma Carol made some wonderful food and we had a nice lunch out on the back deck with everyone. The best part of course was dessert - a tower of cupcakes - they were amazing. In fact they were so good, that I decided to forgo some of the "lunch food" so that I could eat a crazy number of cupcakes. Brooke also thoroughly enjoyed her dessert and ate two hot dogs for lunch. I swear she has a hollow leg some days. ![]()
After lunch it was time for presents. Katelyn was so excited and got so many fun things. Brooke, Carter and Calvin also got presents so everyone was happy and occupied. Katelyn's grandma, great grandma, aunts, uncles and cousins
really spoiled her and we hope they know how much we appreciate them always doing everything they can to make our girls feel so special.
Once presents were opened and nicely strung all over grandma's house, everyone went for a swim. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun relaxing and celebrating with family. Thank you guys again for a great weekend!
3 comments:
So you must really love MY birthday then, since you adore me so much.
Wow! That looks like it was a ton of fun. Got any cupcakes left over? Grandma Carol is my kinda woman.
I also wanted to ask you how you got your slideshow on your home page to work. Everytime I try it, I can't figure out a way to select pictures off my computer. I just have no patience to figure these things out!
You really meant to title this, "The Day that we mourned not seeing Ilene while we were in Boise."
It's okay that you didn't. You're still too sad to even blog about it ("it" being not seeing me while you were here).
Post a Comment