Monday, August 18, 2008

The Day We Got Our Dixie Fix

Playing with Dixie 8-18-08 collageOur Dixie ChicksOne of my favorite teachers in elementary school, now lives next door to my parents. So I love getting to visit with her and her husband anytime we are in Utah for a visit. They are the dog parents of Dixie the dachshund better known as "The Dixie Chick." Katelyn has loved Dixie since they met three years ago and Brooke has been equally as enthralled with her since she was born. This is one of my favorite pictures of Katelyn and Dixie the summer they met.

Playing with Dixie 8-18-08aDixie loves to give dog kisses and play, so one of Brooke and Katelyn's favorite things to do when we are in Utah is to have her over for a doggie play date. Thank goodness Dale and Gae are always so willing to share their dog. Katelyn says that she and Brooke Pop Kate & Dixie 8-15-08have to see Dixie at least once a day otherwise they haven't gotten their "Dixie fix." Pop (known as Uncle Chuck to Dixie) also loves her, so he is always willing to go get Dixie and sit outPlaying with Dixie 8-18-08bside with his three girls to watch them play. The funny thing is that Dixie really enjoys it too - in fact, she will come over and bark at the front door or climb up on the chair outside the office window and look inside to see if any of her playmates are available. One of our favorite things is when we head over to get her and as we open the front door she darts right past us and runs in the house. The girls will squeal with excitement that she came to get them for a play date and the grown ups all run around trying to catch her. She is fast and low to ground, so the odds are definitely in her favor. We love our Dixie chick and can't wait to see her again!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what a cute dog!! your girls are the cutest too.

What teacher lives next door to your parents??

Amy said...

Such adorable kids! I am also curious about who this teacher was. Do I remember?

Rani said...

That is one of my favorite pics of Katelyn too!

Kristin Menzie said...

I promise not to tell Riley that Dixie is your top dog. So fun to see pictures of the elusive Dixie- can you believe I have never met her and I go by your parent's place every time I'm home!

Queen LaTeacha said...

How clever are you, Mom. What an adorable collection of pictures. I'm so glad Dixie can offer some comic relief. You already know that "treat" and "Uncle Chuck" are magic words for her. She loves being over there.

I've loved getting reacquainted with you and being a small part of your girls' lives. They're so cute and so smart......just like Mom.