Decorating our Christmas tree this year was a little different. Some things were the same, like the kids loving every minute of it, but other things were different. Namely, the kids did the whole thing (of course by whole thing, I am not including shaping the tree or putting on the ribbon and bead garlands – I’m not a complete animal) by themselves. It was so much fun and they really had a blast doing
it together while Kyle, Gram and I unwrapped the ornaments for them and watched them trim away happily. They also enjoyed putting on a few concerts with some of the musical ornaments from the tree.
Tree decorating night is also when we give the girls their annual Christmas ornaments. They actually helped pick them out this year when we were in Boston at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Their is an amazing Christmas shop there, and after an hour of perusing, they both choose a My Little Pony ornament (in different colors of course). They didn’t know that I bought them so they were really excited when they opened up their presents. I also found little candy cane
ornaments with their names on them to put on their little trees in their rooms. Kids are so easy to please and it is so fun to do little things that bring them so much joy, especially when they have faces that look like this...
No comments:
Post a Comment