Friday, December 18, 2009

The Day Brooke Moved Out

Brooke's last night in crib 12-17-09bBrooke's last night in crib 12-17-09a

Since Brooke was a a newborn she has loved her crib.  She’s been a great sleeper and hasn’t ever tried to climb out.  She enjoys a good nap in there most days and even if she doesn’t go to sleep she happily plays with her “stuff” and enjoys her time there.  But as you can see, sometimes it is hard to find her in there on the baby monitor because of everything she likes to sleep with.  Despite how content she is with her crib, having under three months before there will be a new little girl in that crib, we decided it was time for her to move out and into something a little more her size. 

To prepare her for the transition I tried to help her not think the crib was so great anymore by playing up her big-girl bed and getting to share a bunk bed with Katelyn.  She definitely got excited about the change and once I referred to her former sleeping quarters as a “baby crib” she packed her things and was ready to move on to something bigger and better.  Fortunately for us, Katelyn was equally ready to have a roommate. 

Kate & Brooke 1st night in bunkbeds 12-18-09aMoving day coincided with the last day of school before Christmas break.  Talk about some wound up kids.  While the bunk beds were being delivered we actually had to send the girls to the basement to play because they were so crazy excited.  Within an hour the nice delivery guys who said our house smelled good, had delivered and assembled the beds and were gone.  A Christmas miracle…

I think it took the girls about 3 hours to go to sleep the first night but that was ok.  They were happy and together and thank goodness we were at the beginning of a 16 night vacation that would help the novelty wear off enough that Katelyn could go back to school and not be completely sleep deprived.     

Kate's 1st night in bunkbeds 12-18-09Brooke's 1st night in bunkbeds 12-18-09

Brooke & Kate's room 1-1-10fAfter 15 nights I am happy to report that Brooke is completely moved in and settled.  I am even happier to report that they absolutely love sharing a room together.  Most nights it takes less than 3 hours for them to go to sleep but I am fairly certain that they will both be tired on Monday morning when school starts again… but they will be happy too, so I am alright with a little tiredness.

Brooke & Kate's room 1-1-10bBrooke & Kate's room 1-1-10dBrooke & Kate's room 1-1-10cBrooke & Kate's room 1-1-10e

4 comments:

Christina B. said...

Your daughters are such sweet sisters! And their room looks so cute!

B said...

I love those bunkbeds! So cute... their room looks darling, but I expect nothing less of you miss Ashley :)

melissa walker said...

So cute--they will have so many great memories together!

Jennifer said...

Love the room - If I end up having another girl, I'm looking forward to redecorating Laurel's room and having fun with it. Andrew's room is perfect, in my opinion, so all I'd have to do is buy a big boy bed if the baby is a boy. I'm secretly hoping it's a girl so I can get into lots of pink again! Hope you are well :-)