During one of our shopping trips to the mall this December, Brooke had a chance to go say hi to Santa. This wasn’t our “official visit” since Katelyn wasn’t with us, but Brooke was so happy to see him, I just had to snap a quick photo. Santa even gave her a coloring book so she was really pleased with the whole experience. So when I told her we would come back with Katelyn to see him again, she was ecstatic!
Katelyn also loves Santa but has always preferred to love him from a distance. She is a big fan of sending him a letter but has never liked the “sitting on the lap” part of the fun. Brooke on the other hand loves to hug and snuggle with anything in a fuzzy suit so this year we found the perfect balance to the situation.
I took the girls to the mall to have their Christmas picture taken and while we waited for the photos to be ready, we headed downstairs to say hi to the Jolly Old Fellow. Brooke happily jumped up on his knee and Katelyn stood at a comfortable distance with Brooke in between them. The girls were all smiles and as we left Katelyn said in a very chipper and surprised voice, “Wow! That wasn’t that bad Mom!” I am so glad I could better facilitate the magic of the season this year. Next year should go even better because she will be able to hold the baby next to her, thus inching Santa to an even more comfortable distance. I just hope she feels this way about all boys until she is at least 35.
No comments:
Post a Comment