Friday, October 14, 2011

The Day We Learned About Bath Cherries

Katelyn and Brooke had a great time learning about “the royal treatment” while we were in Utah.  They each enjoyed breakfast in bed which was a huge hit with both of them and they also learned about bath cherries.

Breakfast in bed - Kate 7-18-11Brooke's breakfast in bed 7-20-11

When I was a kid, I loved playing airplane with my dolls and stuffed animals.  I would set up the cabin of the aircraft and fill the seats with my willing plush playmates... ah the plight of an only child.  My dad would then provide the inflight snack service and bring us maraschino cherries in a fancy dish complete with tiny toothpicks.  He even draped a folded white cloth over one arm to dress up the presentation.  I called him my “stewer-dress.” 

He introduced the cherries to Katelyn and Brooke a few years ago and they were an instant hit.  But since they don’t play the airplane game, he decided the toothpick skewered cherries could help fancy up their bath time.  Each evening, Pop would prepare the delicacies and deliver them via a towel draped arm to the bathroom door.  Then Gram would take them to the aforementioned highnesses royale.  They loved every minute of it.

Brooke's bath cherry 7-24-11Kate's bath cherry 7-24-11Kate's bubble bath 7-25-11

Unfortunately for them, what happens at Gram and Pop’s, stays at Gram and Pop’s… but they can look forward to the royal treatment again next summer.

2 comments:

Monika said...

Oh how this post makes me smile! These girls are lucky to have such an adoring Pops.

melissa walker said...

They are lucky girls to have such fun grandparents! How do I get some service like that in the bath!?