Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Day We Made A Waterslide

Water fun - Brooke Kate Sara & Jess 8-9-11b

Katelyn and two of her best buddies had the chance to go to a day camp at our church this summer.  The camp was amazing and the girls had so much fun.  One of Katelyn’s friends moved away last year but her dad was able to drop her off on his way to work so she could attend the camp with Katelyn and Sara.  The upside was that when the camp ended each afternoon, it gave the girls some much needed time to catch up and hang out together.

One of the days, they decided they wanted to enjoy the heat so we set up the pool and they turned the swing set into a waterslide.  Brooke was happy to function as the Director of Water Application. 

When I came outside to take some pictures, the girls tried to act embarrassed, but as soon as I stopped they started posing in the pool and begging me to take more.  I love the waterslide picture below because you can see the havoc it wreaked on the grass.  It turned into the biggest mud pit and the girls would get covered in it when they would slide down.  Brooke happily took the promotion though and became the Vice President of HDBG (Hosing Down the Big Girls – ice water division).

Water fun - Brooke Kate Sara & Jess 8-9-11aWater fun - Brooke Kate Sara & Jess 8-9-11cWater fun - Brooke Kate Sara & Jess 8-9-11dWater fun - Brooke Kate Sara & Jess 8-9-11e

Water fun - Katelyn 8-9-11

The girls got so cold that Katelyn started using the sunbaked cushion on the canopy swing as a human oven.  What ever works right?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What cute pics! I heard the activity day camp was amazing! I love the giant mud pit under the slide:) Oh and from your last post, I seriously need to go downtown with you sometime! I still haven't ever taken my kids to mobius because the museum in Cleveland was so amazing that I thought my kids would be dissapointed but they probably don't even remember it anymore. And I definitely need to try the homemade mini donuts! We need to make some dutch oven and have you guys over to play very soon! So glad we are living so close now!