During our adventure in Seattle, we took the girls to the Seattle Center. I loved going there as a kid and it was so fun to see the girls enjoy it too. We started with the Pacific Science Center.
We spent a lot of time with the butterflies and even checked out the bugs, albeit reluctantly.
Then we found the bubbles which was a real crowd pleaser. The square bubble maker reminded me of the pink elephants on Dumbo… but I digress.
We got to check out the tide pools and pet some star fish.
And thanks to Emily, the girls got to play in the kiddie land. Technically they were only there to help her, but they had so much fun playing together.
The water table was really neat, except for when Emily started drinking the water. That abruptly ended that activity but I am sure it did wonders for her immune system.
None of the outside water activities were operating because of some leaks. The crazy “ride a bike on a skinny blue pole high up in the air” exhibit was open and Kyle was willing to demonstrate. The girls were amazed and I was so glad they didn’t ask me to give it a try.
We had a good lunch at Center Court, followed by a game of checkers and chess. Emily was determined to play but definitely had her own set of rules.
Then we took them to check out the fountain by the convention center/the building formerly know as The Key Arena (no idea what it is now). They loved the fountain and had a blast but managed to stay dry thank goodness.
We had such a great day and they were having so much fun that I didn’t think it would be easy to get them to leave, but when I told them we were headed to visit our good friends the Yosts, they had their shoes on and were ready to go faster than I have ever seen them move.
No comments:
Post a Comment