Friday, September 16, 2011

The Day We Bounced Back

1 Brooke & Kate - Lagoon day 2 7-20-11a

Since our trip to Lagoon was so much fun, Katelyn, Brooke and I decided to take advantage of their “bounce back” deal and go play again.  This time Emily stayed home with Gram and Pop, so we were ready for a “big girl” day at Lagoon.  The girls wanted to go to the water park and they planned on riding lots of the “kiddie” rides together since Katelyn would be too tall next summer.  That being said, I planned on a lazy day sitting on a bench watching them fly in the helicopters  and such.  I even put a People magazine in my purse because I figured I would have lots of down time while they hung out in kiddie land.  It started off that way, with some more fun on “Bulgy (aka Princess) the Whale” and the Dinosaur Drop.  Then, just as I predicted we headed to the helicopters, but Brooke decided she was ready to fly her own chopper.  That was a really big step for her and she loved it! 

2 Brooke on Bulgy princess 7-20-113 Kate on the chopper 7-20-11a4 Brooke flying the chopper 7-20-11

5 Mom & Brooke riding Puff 7-20-11After her solo flight, Brooke shocked us all by announcing that she wanted to ride the kiddie rollercoaster.  This was such a gigantic step that Katelyn and I were both speechless.  But we didn’t want to give her a chance to change her mind, so we whisked her away to ride Puff the Little Fire Dragon.  She was terrified but ended up loving it!

Even though she loved it, we didn’t want to over do it, so Katelyn headed for the Tidal Wave and Brooke flew her own plane.

6 Brooke flying 7-20-117 Kate on the tidal wave 7-20-11

9 Brooke on dragonfly 7-20-11Then, after a swing on the Dragonfly she wanted to ride Puff again and again.  since there were no lines, we did and she loved it enough that she rode next to Katelyn with her hands in the air… another big step.

 

 

8 Kate & Brooke riding Puff 7-20-1114 Brooke & Kate on puff 7-20-11b14 Brooke & Kate on puff 7-20-11a

Despite Brooke’s bravery breakthrough, we took a break from the rides and headed to Lagoon-A-Beach for some fun.

10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11a10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11c10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11b10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11e10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11i10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11f10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11g10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11h10 Lagoon-a-beach 7-20-11j

It was a perfect hot sunny day and we had so much fun.  After a couple of hours though, the girls were ready to ride again.

 

Katelyn wanted to go on two of her favorite rollercoasters – The Bombora and The Bat.  I knew Brooke wouldn’t want to go on anything that big, so we just watched and waved from the ground.

11 Kate on bombora 7-20-11a12 Kate on the bat 7-20-11

13 Brooke on Bombora 7-20-11aAfter that, the unthinkable happened.  Brooke announced that she wanted to ride The Bombora.  She asked if she could have an Oreo if she did it… I of course said yes, so we immediately headed off to give it a try before she chickened out.  She rode that rollercoaster and she rode it well.  She did it three times in row and became more brave with each trip.  As you’ll see in the video, she fueled her bravery with the promise of an increasing number of Oreos… all her idea.

Next up, Brooke announced that she wanted to ride the Tidal Wave.  I was so nervous about her freaking out on the ride that I thought I would be sick.  Much to my surprise, she LOVED it!   

15 Kate & Brooke on tidal wave 7-20-1116 Brooke on tidal wave 7-20-11

We slowed things down a notch by taking a relaxing ride on the train.

17 Brooke & Kate on the train ride 7-20-1117 train ride 7-20-11

Then, Katelyn wanted to ride Colossus again but Brooke wasn’t tall enough so Kate rode it on her own.  While she recovered from that, Brooke and I went for a spin on the Musicland Express.  Barf.  Once again, a ride that I would have bet money would have sent Brooke straight into therapy, was a hit.  She loved it.

18 Kate on colossus 7-20-11b18 Kate on colossus 7-20-11c19 Brooke on music express 7-20-11

Then the girls were ready to head back to The Bombora… they rode it 10 times in a row and for about half of those rides, they asked me to take pictures of them.  They were being big and having a blast.

20 Kate & Brooke on Bombora 7-20-11a20 Kate & Brooke on Bombora 7-20-11b

21 Kate & Brooke on the bat 7-20-11b21 Brooke on the bat 7-20-11aAfter that, she had no fear.  When Katelyn wanted to ride The Bat again, Brooke said she was ready to try that one too.  She loved it and was so excited about, as she put it, “being brave like Katelyn.”

 

22 Kate & Brooke on the ferris wheel 7-20-11

We had such a great day and closed the park down with a ride on the giant Ferris wheel.  If I could, I would keep these girls little forever, but since I can’t, I am so glad that we have so much fun together as they get so big and grown up.

 

 

1 comment:

Monika said...

That video made me so happy. It was better than a Dr. Pepper! Next summer we are going together FOR SURE!!