Another one of our annual Utah adventures, is a trip to play at the Gateway and the children’s museum there. To start the fun, Katelyn and Brooke got hair cuts at their favorite place, Cookie Cutters. Then we headed downtown.
The girls were so anxious to get inside and get started on the fun. I was looking forward to taking Emily into the toddler area… I knew she would love it, but we never even made it in there because she was having so much fun checking out all of the “big kid” stuff.
They loved playing on the farm and in the store and play house. Emily pushed her stroller about a million miles and she made sure to tasted everything. Nasty.
They also had to fly the helicopter after waiting behind about 500 other kids that didn’t seem to have parents or manners of any kind. But I digress…
They also had fun at the construction site…
… and playing with the balls and the “sucky tube” thingies in the giant beehive.
They found plenty of fun to keep them entertained upstairs too. They built things and ran their own news show.
Then they headed over to the stage. They came up with some darling shows and made some new friends in the process. Emily was a huge fan of dressing up for the show, not sure what her character was but she stole the show… literally, hauled off costumes and props, etc. But she was in costume, so no one seemed to mind.
The girls also loved the traveling exhibit “Play!” that was there this summer. The backgammon style musical floor was definitely their favorite and got them all jamming.
We finally got them to take a break and stop for lunch at CPK. Every year the restaurant sends Katelyn a birthday certificate for free birthday meal that she was so excited to use. They brought her bread, pizza, a yummy fruity drink and an ice cream sundae with m&m’s – she was in almost 9 year old heaven.
After lunch and some more playing at the museum, we headed for the Gateway fountain.
Everyone loved playing in the water…
…and thank goodness, Emily was happy to just watch and squeal with delight at the action. She was so exhausted, she forgot she could walk I guess. I made sure not to remind her.
We had so much fun and Gram and I were thrilled we were able to keep up with them. I might need to rent a Jazzy next year though, just to be safe.
1 comment:
You are such a fun mom--no wonder your girls are so fantastic!
Post a Comment